In Conversation with a Shy Trump Voter


 

It's always a joy to reconnect with former colleagues and reminisce about the "good times," especially during the smothering lockdowns.  Copious memories were instantly refreshed as my former work colleague's name appeared "calling" on my phone.

I have lived in India for most of my life, while she has lived in the U.S.  But high-speed internet enabled us to work on many projects at a software firm with branches located in our respective countries.  We became friendly owing to our mutual fondness for noir cinema, Sir Roger Moore's portrayal of 007, and U.S. politics.

A fervent Democrat, she voted for Obama twice and even traveled to Washington for his inaugurations.  She ardently campaigned for Hillary Clinton and was devastated when Hillary lost. 

She thought Trump's "abominable lack of restraint" made him a force of chaos.  Trump's "vile" tweets didn't curb her fears.  When I predicted a Trump victory in August 2015, she prayed I would be wrong.

We talked about former colleagues, COVID-19, movies, finally presidential elections.  Here is an approximation of how our actual conversation went as I remember it.

"Are you excited about Joe?" I asked.


Read More at

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/10/in_conversation_with_a_shy_trump_voter.html


Comments